Happy Summer!

June 21, 2013

Greetings from Room 116!

Well, incredibly, here it is – the final newsletter of third grade. The time has absolutely flown by, so I am not really ready to say goodbye. It has been such an amazing year, and I am so very proud of this class. They have grown tremendously both academically and socially since the start of school. We have truly maximized every available moment this past year. Following is a recap of how we spent our last full week in third grade:

ELA: We finished writing our original play and spent some time practicing it. We also focused on compound words in Spelling. 

Math: We reviewed various concepts from the entire year. Please practice all math facts this summer to build fluency and automaticity.

Science: We concluded our Sound Unit with some experiments and instrument presentations.

SS: We learned more about the geography and economy of our marvelous state.

Other: In Second Step, we learned how to deal with disappointment, while during Enrichment we read some thought-provoking stories. In Computers, we added to our brochures. We ended the week with our lovely Celebrations program and the festive Family Picnic. Please note that our play performance is on Tuesday (6/25) at 11:30am. Students will be dismissed immediately following as this is a half-day.

In closing, I’d like to say that it has been both a pleasure and a privilege to teach this class. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful students with me. I will miss them terribly, but I know that they are truly ready for fourth grade. Please stay in touch and keep me posted on their future progress. Best wishes for a spectacular summer with family and friends.

Sincerely,

Ms. Feeney

P.S. I have also enclosed some educational activities for those rainy summer days.